Biohacked TrueDark™ Dots are designed to block the harmful light frequencies that impact your mitochondria, while still allowing you to see the status of the lights. They are made of a slightly sticky film that is easily removable. They come in conveniently shaped round dots in 2 sizes that cover
most light emitting buttons (such as the one on your TV or wireless router), as well as small squares and rectangles for things like the your stove and microwave. This allows you to walk out to your kitchen at night and get a drink of water without your circadian rhythm being wrecked for the remainder of the night. Because they are translucent, you can still see the time on the clock or if a button is “on”.
However in your sleeping area, you don’t want ANY light. Each pack of TrueDark Dots also includes a sheet of solid black dots. These are for use in your bedroom to cover all the little lights that escape your notice until you start paying attention! Some dedicated biohackers take these solid dots on business trips and use them in their hotel room to cover all the little lights that plague modern travelers!
Each pack of TrueDark Dots includes:
- 4 5X7 sheets of dots and squares
- 3 sheets of translucent dots/squares for use when filtering most light
- 1 sheet of solid black dots/squares for use when blocking all light
- Each sheet contains:
- small dots (about the size of the circumference of a AAA battery)
- medium dots (about the size of the circumference of a US nickle coin)
- rectangles and squares that fit most US kitchen appliances and alarm clocks
Common sense caution:
TrueDark Dots aren’t fireproof or heat proof. They are made for use over LED lights that don’t get hot. Do not use Dots on halogen or other lights that get warm to the touch. Do not use near open flame. Test Dots to be sure they don’t get too warm before leaving the Dots affixed for a long period of time.